Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) also known as Adblue System, which is a technology used for reducing nitrogen oxides (NOx) from the exhaust gas of diesel engines. It’s based on AdBlue – also called diesel exhaust fluid – a 32.5% urea solution in purified water, which is injected into the exhaust pipe. By careful recalibration from the Quantum Tuning Certified Dealer of the Engine Control Unit (ECU) data, we can disable or delete the DTC’s & various functions of the Adblue OR SCR System (within legal limitations)
The AdBlue system is controlled by the engine control unit (ECU). The ECU monitors the AdBlue level in the tank and the NOx levels in the exhaust gases. If the AdBlue level is low or the NOx levels are high, the ECU will activate a warning light on the dashboard. In some cases, the ECU may also disable the vehicle’s engine.
Reasons for Removing Adblue (SCR) System
- Cost Savings: AdBlue is an ongoing operating cost for diesel vehicle owners, as it needs to be regularly refilled. Some vehicle owners may consider removal to avoid this cost.
- Maintenance Issues: The AdBlue system, like any vehicle component, can sometimes experience malfunctions or require maintenance. If the system is prone to frequent issues, some owners may opt for removal to avoid repair costs.
- Performance Modifications: In some cases, individuals who are making significant performance modifications to their vehicles may decide to remove the AdBlue system to simplify the engine and exhaust setup.
- Lack of Availability: In remote areas where AdBlue fluid is not readily available, some drivers may remove the system as a temporary measure.
If you are considering removing the AdBlue system with ECU remapping, it is important to weigh the pros and cons carefully. You should also make sure to have the work done by a reputable company that understands the risks involved.
- The AdBlue system is designed to reduce NOx emissions, which are harmful to the environment. Removing the AdBlue system may increase NOx emissions.
- Removing the AdBlue system may void the vehicle’s warranty.
- If you decide to remove the AdBlue system, you should make sure that the ECU remapping is done correctly. If it is not done correctly by the Quantum Tuning Certified Dealer, it could damage the engine.
We tune over 4000 vehicles a month with 1000+ approved dealers in 90+ different countries. Don’t have a ecu tuning tool? We can supply the latest ecu remapping tools, at great prices, from the market leaders. They are available in slave or master versions.
The legality of removing the AdBlue system with ECU remapping varies from country to country. In some countries, It is important to check the laws in your country before having the AdBlue system removed.
Quantum Tuning offers the solution by overwriting the existing settings within legal limitations of a vehicle’s Engine Control Unit (ECU) to improve several areas of the vehicle’s performance. This is not legal advice and if you are unsure if this applies to your vehicle, please seek further advice.