Tuning Cylinder on Demand (COD) / Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) within the ECU software. Quantum Tuning offers the solution by altering or adjusting the settings of a vehicle’s Engine Control Unit (ECU) to improve several areas of the vehicle’s performance. By overwriting the existing settings with new quantum tuning’s custom made ecu program (within legal limitations)
Remapping Cylinder on Demand
It is possible to disable Cylinder on Demand (COD) with ECU remapping. COD is a technology that deactivates some cylinders in an engine when they are not needed, such as when the car is cruising at a constant speed. This can help to improve fuel economy.
To disable COD with ECU remapping, a tuner will need to access the ECU software and make changes to the settings that control COD. This can be done using a specialized software and hardware. Once the changes have been made, the ECU will be flashed with the new software.
However, it is important to note that disabling COD can also have some drawbacks. For example, it can increase emissions and it can make the engine more noisy. It is also important to make sure that the ECU remapping is done by The Quantum Certified Dealer, otherwise it can damage the engine.
What are the Benefits?
- Improved performance: The engine will have more power and torque, which can improve acceleration and top speed.
- Better throttle response: The engine will respond more quickly to throttle inputs, which can make it feel more responsive and easier to drive.
- Increased fuel economy: In some cases, disabling COD can actually improve fuel economy by allowing the engine to run more efficiently at light loads.
If you are considering disabling COD through ECU remapping, it is important to weigh the risks and benefits carefully. It is also important to choose a Quantum Certified Tuner who has experience with this type of modification.
Here are some of the things to consider when choosing an ECU tuner for your car:
- Experience: Make sure the tuner has experience with ECU remapping for your car’s specific engine.
- Reputation: Read reviews from other car owners who have used the tuner’s services.
- Warranty: Make sure the tuner offers a warranty on their work.
We tune over 4000 vehicles a month with 1000+ approved dealers in 90+ different countries. Don’t have a ecu tuning tool? We can supply the latest ecu remapping tools, at great prices, from the market leaders. They are available in slave or master versions.
Quantum Tuning offers the solution by overwriting the existing settings within legal limitations of a vehicle’s Engine Control Unit (ECU) to improve several areas of the vehicle’s performance. This is not legal advice and if you are unsure if this applies to your vehicle, please seek further advice.